Tuesday 28 January 2014

Thanks to Sheetal from Team Run with Roshni.


Team Run with Roshni is very proud to share the experience of Sheetal, who ran her first Mumbai Half marathon through its charity bib as a tribute to her father. Sharing herein below the experience of Sheetal’s first marathon in her own words;-

Sheetal showing medal of her first marathon. 
CANT STOP RUNNING....i finished my first half marathon....an amazing feeling. i am still not able to digest the feeling. feeling awesome and proud of myself.
i need to thank roshni rai who inspired me to enroll for the mumbai marathon.
i lost my dad in october 2013, and roshni came to meet me. and the day she inspired and made me do register for the run and the day i finished the marathon. its like magical days. i had to start from buying my running shoes. i had hardly practised. it was just a feeling that i want to dedicate this run to my late dad. i had never ran long distance. and could hardly run 50 mtrs when i started. but it was only dad what kept me going. and the support which roshni, vani and all the girls from our karnala trek group. i got a chance to run @ powai for 10kms marathon. and yes i could complete it. and my confidence was boosted enough to prepare my mindset for the half marathon. and oh just 2 days before the mumbai marathon, i hurted my leg. and down i was disheartened and thought i will not able to make it. and few of the people also discouraged me not to go for the run. i didnt have the energy to even walk. but i had faith and a strong feeling that god will take care of me, if i have the intention to complete. i am really figuring out what made me complete the marathon with all the obastacles. i guess its just god's grace and my parent's blessings and all the lovely supporting friends. ..........yeayyyy.......and i made it.........and ya i am gonna pursue this passion of running...just a great feeling and you are completely in this moment....wow.....:)

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Sheetal. Don't stop yourself. remember, these are the best days of your life(You could Run). Make it count..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheetal Thats a Fantastic Achivement....you have Been A role model for Many Of them

    ReplyDelete