Sunday 1 December 2013

Puran's experience in Chennai Half Marathon 2013 on 1st Dec, 2013.

Puran Rai, ran Chennai Half Marathon (21km) on 1st Dec, 2013 in 1hr 26mins. He has written his note in Nepali language and translation is done by Mohan Raj.
 

First of all I would like thank everyone who extended their possible support to us for Running the Chennai Marathon, specially Roshni Di and Premika Di for all love and Guidance.


It was Prabal, Runesh and Ramesh who were selected and Registered for running Chennai Marathon but due to some unavoidable Family Concerns Prabal expressed his inability to run. Hence I was advised to replace him. I was happy and excited to be selected but sad also for Prabal. May be it was my destiny to run Chennai Marathon 2013. Following Premika Di's Instructions, we gathered at her Shop on 26th November, where she discussed about necessary things about the Run and handover us required items for the same. Highly motivated, we started our journey to Chennai on 27th Nov, 2013 and reached on 29thNov, 2013.

We called up Preeti Di and informed her about our situation and told her about our arrival at Youth Hostel which was arranged prior for us. She was happy to hear us and informed us to meet her at Chennai Trade Center(CTC) on 30th November. Pratipal sir also called us and ask about our situation and guide us with his advices. We rested well at the Hostel and everything was comfortable and nice for us. It was a memorable stay at Chennai Youth Hostel.


Next Day, as instructed, we reached CTC at 0800 HRS with Preeti Di who helped us along with others to get us our BiB Collection and necessary formalities. They were very helpful in everything.

1st December- the Marathon Day. .Marathon Began at 0515 HRS .We began our Run with Full enthusiasm and Stamina but unfortunately it started raining. Though we completed our Run. My Personal Timing was 1:26:57 which was not the best time at all

Unlike Me, Other runners also tried to put their best efforts in their run, but somehow failed to get the best result. I was not happy with my Performance. But I was console myself by saying that I was out of Practice for long time. I was not well prepared as other runners, so there was an exception for me. To add more to it we were not following proper Diet from first day of our Journey. We were eating Randomly and Food we were eating were completely different than what we commonly eat at home. There were lots of factors behind our bad result inChennai Marathon 2013. As I said I was not happy but satisfied as I get to learn a lot about the Long distance Running.

I learned about the necessity of Proper Running Schedule and Proper Diet which somehow affect our Running Endurance and Stamina. To be precise it was a Mixed experience for me and of course a Good Learning Experience ! THANKS to everyone who made it possible for me!”
 
Puran, Runesh and Ramesh in Chennai Marathon 2013 expo with other runners.

No comments:

Post a Comment