Monday 3 February 2014

MENUKA'S EXPERIENCE IN SCMM 2014

Note- Menuka had written her note in Nepali and it is translated by Mohanraj.
My Journey to Mumbai started on 7th January 2014. Before leaving for Mumbai, I stayed in Siliguri for few days. I was little bit disturbed with my Family Problem. My sister was facing prolonged sickness which resulted in a financial problem for us. I was due to pay rent for the room which I rented for study in Siliguri. I had to pay my Travel expenses too. I somehow managed to pay my house rent but I was not having enough money to pay for my food expenses, while traveling in train to Mumbai. I had only Rs.1000 /- left with me which I gave to Ranjit and promised to give him remaining 500 later on.
 
After that I had no money left with me. 9th January we boarded the train to Mumbai.I borrowed some money from Puran and gave to Ranjeet, who was collecting money of the entire team for eating food in the train to Mumbai.
 
I had no money left with me. I went to Pay-Toilet in NJP Railway station ,but fortunately I was not asked to pay money. I was feeling so helpless and sad for being into such a worst financial state. I was crying from inside for being in so worst condition ,while others were better than me.
 
Anyway, we boarded the Train and reached Mumbai on 10th Jan, 2014 at 11:30 PM. We were 11 Runners and I was the only girl. So, I went to C.B. Uncle's House and other 10 boys went to stay in a hostel. It was a wonderful stay at C.B.Uncle's House. I had enough time to rest than last year . During my stay I learned many positive and good things from C.B.Uncle , Aunt and Didis.They taught me about the best and better way to lead a disciplined lifestyle. They guided me with so many good and positive things.The environment was very positive and homely for me. I used to exercise everyday. Infact I was very happy being there.
 
With such activities my days passed happily. 19th January was the Mumbai marathon. On 18th January I went for early sleep after dinner , but couldn't sleep. Trying hard to get good sleep, I don't know when I fall asleep. I woke up at 2:45 AM as we had to catch our bus. I got ready and went out for bus. The Boys were already there.We boarded the bus which took us to our Starting point at Bandra. We did some warm up exercises before run.





The Marathon started at 6 AM. I ran first 5 kms slowly as instructed by the Coach and increased my pace only after 6 kms. After 6 kms I was into good speed. I covered rest distances with ease and without any physical difficulties. Uncle's words were striking at my mind that at any cost I had to give my best result.
 
I was running at a very good speed. When I reached 18 kms, unfortunately I got cramp in my leg and my speed decreased due to pain. I was trying hard to overcome this situation and pulling hard to speed up. I was trying not to give up as I was very close to the finish line. I tried to run the last 1000 meters at a very good speed but I could not do that due to the pain in my leg. I felt extremely bad and humiliated when a fat Girl ( Women I think) crossed me. Seeing her I too ran with full stamina and commitment as I was determined to give my best. I completed my half marathon (21km) in 1hr 55mins 59sec, which was my good performance though not the best. My personal best is 1hr 54mins for half marathon.
 
I was very happy and satisfied with my timing as my previous timings were very bad. In Hyderabad Marathon my timing was 2:15:10 and in Sikkim Marathon it was 2:04:50. So, My SCMM timing was much improved which made me very happy and motivated. I learned that how important it is for a runner to follow proper rest and diet before running any marathon. In Hyderabad we had no enough time to rest and the food was very spicy. I could hardly eat those spicy biryani. Because of these, I was very low in stamina during Hyderabad Marathon which resulted bad timing for me and everyone. But In Mumbai , We had enough time to get proper rest and the Food was home cooked.
I would like to Thank everyone who supported the team 'Run with Roshni'. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. "
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment