Monday 3 February 2014

Mumbai Marathon, 2014- Partous experience.

Note- Partous has send the scanned image of the handwritten blog, which is typed by Mohanraj.
 
Firstly my Journey from Kalimpong to NJP was good.We had to wait for the Train as it was late by 4 hours. I was very excited, as well as nervous too because this was my first Train Travel. During my travel I had to deal with many awkward situations. It was very hard to deal with beggars and enunch. I gave some money to a begger and one enunch started to harrass me by asking for more money. When I refused they started scolding me, after hearing which I cried too.
Somehow, with such experiences I reached Mumbai. I liked Mumbai very much and the weather was just perfect for us . All the boys stayed together in Nair's Hostel.


My Experience in Mumbai Marathon 2014 was great. It is  the most prestigeous International Marathon in Asia and I was fortunate to participate in it for the First time.On the Main Race Day, at starting line, I was very nervous to see a Large crowd of runners. I was afraid of getting lost in the Crowd. The Marathon started at 6am and I started to run with my best speed.
On my way I over took many other runners. I was trying give my best. I saw Roshni Di cheering me by saying "Come on Partous !" Getting her encouragement I was recharged with more stamina and increased my pace. While running I was thinking that I was running for my Community and to make them proud. I completed my first half marathon (21km) in 1 Hour and 30 Mins.

As it was my First International Marathon, I was satisfied with my performance and learned a lot from it. I didn't get needed support from my family because of our financial problem, but it is our Roshni di who supported me with her guidance and love without which I would not have Mumbai Marathon.
Thank you Roshni Di for everything you did for us and giving me a chance to run this Marathon.Lastly I thank everyone who contributed with their support to the Team. JAI GORKHA..JAI HIND ! "
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment