Wednesday 26 February 2014

Premika's experience of Mumbai Marathon 2014

I was very excited to write my experience after the Mumbai Marathon 2014 on 19th Jan, 2014 but due to my busy schedule I am late by more than a  month late to express my experience. Anyway i am very happy and always remain happy to participate in the marathon and to work with Team 'Run with roshni'. I left for my Mumbai Marathon on 16th Jan by flight. My brother dropped me upto Bagdora Airport. When I went inside for chek in , my luggege was heavy 23 kg and the concerned person told me to reduce it by 8 kg. I was in trouble. I was not knowing what to give up. I was turning around, I heard a nepali voice "tapai ma sanga milayera lanu saknu huncha mero saman kamti cha" (I have less lugage, you can adjust with my lugage) he was standing right after me in the Queue. I was very happy to hear those kind words from him and thanked him for his help.
 
I had comfortable journey upto Mumbai. I reached Mumbai by 7:15 pm. Roshni was eagerly waiting for my arrival. I stayed with Roshni . I had nice time with her. Early morning next day, she took me to show around Hiranandani Gardens, her work place. In the evening we both came to Belapur, where team Run with Roshni were staying. I stayed at Mohan Vena's house. As soon as we reached there we were invited for Poonam di's Marriage Aniversery party which was in a hotel. I was little tired but I enjoyed the party.
 
Next day we all did exercises with Roshni. She taught us some new exercises and told us to take full rest and drink three liters of water in whole day and go to bed by 8 pm. But i could not maintain my time as i had a late dinner at didi's house. Roshni got angry with me. Next day was the marathon day . I was little bit tense but there is a saying "Practice make a man perfect" i could proved it though i could not follow my schedule properly because of my work . I use to wake at 4'0 clock in the morning for my practice . I was the only one lady in Kalimpong to run early int the morning . I never found any single lady while practicing on the road. It used to be dark during the winter days and at times I used to get scared to go out alone for my run but i made myself strong to run. I used to get scared while going for run towards Durpin (Army area) but it was my favourite running route. The result was I could do SCMM in 1hr 56mins and I have reduced 6 minutes than SCMM 2013. Improved 8 minutes than Airtel Hydetabad marathon in August 2013. Great achievement of my running history. Wow if you try u can do it. I might run better if there was no stomach pain while running.
 
Withing 2- 3 km of start line, my stomach pain started. I slowed down my pace and started Praying to God for help. I took a long breath and leave. I was little nervous but i did not stop running. I just kept running n running. I think it was around 9 km i felt normal and started to increase my pace slowly. I got lots of encouragements from the supporters on the road, the volunteers and ofcourse the weather. I really enjoyed my 21 km running in Mumbai.
 
Another strange thing is that  i took only one sip of water during my whole run. I just enjoyed my running. Last year I did not see anything while running but this year i enjoyed running in long breeze (Sea Link). I saw 9 km board 15 km, 18 km and 500 mtr 200 mtr and the last 100 mtr to finish line. 
 
I would like to thank to our coach Danial Vaz for his continous support on belalf of our group. Without your support (schedule) we could not do anything.
 
Thanks to all the supporters who helped us by paying our registration fee for Mumbai marathon. We could not meet you up there but you all are there in our everyday prayers. We will never forget you. And also to all the donars who made this Team Run with roshni successful. I want to run full marathon but there is no suitable route to practice in Kalimpong.
 
THANK YOU ROSHNI FOR BUYING MY RETURN FLIGHT TICKET FROM MUMBAI TO BAGDOGRA.
 
IMPORTANT LEARNINGS;
1. FULL BODY REST BEFORE THE RUN IS VERY IMPORTANT LIKE TRAINING.
2. COMFORTABLE SHOES AND GOOD DIET.
 
THANK U ALL WHO DONETE COMFORTABLE RUNNING SHOES TO OUR TEAM.  LOVE PREMIKA
 Premika is too happy to get to touch the prize won by some other runner in Mumbai Marathon ;-)

1 comment:

  1. We are proud of you.
    All the best for future marathons!
    Regards/Naren dai

    ReplyDelete