Sunday 9 February 2014

Mumbai marathon experience 2014 for Uttam Bhujel

Note- Uttam Bhujel hand written note in Nepali is translated by Pranavesh Pradhan.
 
This is Uttam Bhujel. I am from Yang Nakum, Punbo Busty. Since my childhood, I used to take keen interest in marathons. In 2010, I got the first ever opportunity to participate in the 16 km Inter-school marathon in Kalimpong.  Five of us from the same school were selected for the event. However, due to lack of guidance and coaching, I could not take part in any of the marathon races. A glimmer of hope with the help from Mr. Dillip Subba, from my village, who encouraged me get admission at SUMI School with the hope that I can get chances to run in marathon’s as well.
In  the year of 2013, through SUMI School, after the much needed coaching and guidance from the teachers, I participated in a marathon,  from thereon I have become much more confident about my skills and started gaining good positions in  various races.
In 2014, I took part in Mumbai International Marathon where I more than 10000 runners were participating in Half marathon of 21km. I secured the 14th place in the 21 km long race. I was not overwhelmed but became confident as I worked very hard. For your Kind information, I completed the race in 1hr 19 minutes.

In this race, I ran in the consistent speed for 3 km and increased my speed a little faster hoping to come out in good position. After 11th km, my feet started burning , decreasing my speed due to the faulty feet gears ( my running shoes) and managed to acquire the 14th position.
I hope to do better in the forthcoming events  in the national level & I am confident that I shall bring glory to my SUMI School and the entire Darjeeling Hills.
I am very grateful to Roshni Didi and Pramila Didi for the constant coaching  and encouragement, I will surely live up to the expectations…if not more.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment