Monday 3 February 2014

SCMM 2014 : My Running Experience by Nitesh Ghatraj ,Run with Roshni.

Note- Nitesh had sent the scanned image of handwritten note, which has been typed out by Mohanraj. Nitesh's mother is ill since last 7 years and she has to go for dialysis every week. After the marathon, Nitesh was saying that around 15km, he remembered her ill mother, whom he had left for 14 days to come to Mumbai and could not run faster. However, he says, regular running gives him the strength to take care of his ill mother. God bless you Nitesh.
 
Runnnig Mumbai Marathon was a Dream come True for me as it is the Asia's most prestigeous International Marathon. Mumbai Marathon was held on 19th January 2014. The Members of my Team " Run with Roshni" were running Half Marathon (21Kms) and Mr. Runesh Tamang & Miss. Roshni Rai were running Full Marathon of 42 Kms. All the Members of the Team were wearing the T-Shirts with a Slogan " We are Gorkhas and We are Proud to be an Indian, Jai Gorkha Jai Hind ", printed at the back side of T-Shirt. It Indicates that We, The Gorkhas are also the Part of India.

On 19th January,everyone wok eup early around 2:30 AM . Everyone got freshed up and Started getting ready. After Getting ready before moving out of our Hostel all of us got Together for a prayer at 3:15 AM and we left our Hostel. Our Team was headed by Mr. Puran Rai,the Senior Runner and Mr. Ranjeet Rai. We went to the Spot as instructed by Roshni Didi, from where the Bus came to Pick us and take us to the Bandra fire Station, the Starting point of Half Marathon. After reaching the Starting Point,almost Half and hour was left for the Race to begin. We were told to do warm-ups which was headed by Premika Rai. Roshni Didi and Runesh were not with us as they were running Full Marathon (42kms), they by Taxi to their Starting Point, which was VT.

Around 6:00 AM, The Half Marathon started and we all began to race. While running, Dilip told me and Uttam to be with the Indian Girls Elite runners.I gave my best to be with them but I could not compete with them after covering the distance of 15 Kms. My Timing was good ,but after that my Body was restless and mentally tired. I was feeling tired but I did not loose my hope and gave my best by running at my own pace.I was sure that my Timing would not be same as of 2013. Somehow I reached the distance of 19 kms,I heared everyone shouting and cheering for me. When I heared them shouting, my enrgey boosted and I increased my Speed and reached the vinish line in 1 hour 34 Mins & 10 sec.

After Reaching the Finish line, I kissed the Floor and thanked God for giving me strength to complete the Race. Sadly, among the Boys in the Team I was the last one to finish, I was very sad,but I am determined to do much better than this in SCMM 2015. After receiving the Medals we took Group Photos. Many other Runners came to click pics with us.  We made many friends out there. On our way back to the Hostel after the Marathon, we Stoppted at a point and Had 'Pav-Bhajji' (a Famous fast Food snack in Mumbai ). After reaching the Room, we took Bath and slept for an Hour.

Next Day, on 20th January, as Planned We went for outing and watched Movie " Yaariyaan" with Roshni Didi. Everyone was tired, but we all enjoyed our outing with Didi. It was our Last Day in Mumbai, So, We were invited for a Dinner by our supporters, Poonam di, Jaya di, Mohan da and their family in Mumbai, whom for us are like our own Family. The way they helped and Loved us, we all felt we were at our own Home. After the Dinner, we were gifted a Small Token of Love from them. We all enjoyed our time together.

 

Next Morning, The Time had come for all of us to say good bye to Roshni Didi. Roshni Didi along with Sandip Dada, Mohan Dada came to drop us till the Railway Station. My eyes were full of tears as I don’t know how to thank Roshni Didi for Helping us with so much of support & Love. With tears in our eyes and a Promise to come back stronger next year, we boarded our Train at 6:00 AM and returned to the Place we belong to.

Thank you again everyone who stand by us.

No comments:

Post a Comment